Saturday, July 4, 2015

Social Media and Parenting

We all know social networking can be a place for a community of learners, however as a parent I am being very cautious to let my daughter enter the world of social networking before her time. Why do our kids want to rush to get a Instagram account when it states required age 13? Its amazing to see the number of parents who allow their children to join social networks before they reach that certain age. My daughter who will turn 10 soon says, " Mom, everyone else has one, why can't I?" I don't have answers to why everyone else has things before she does, but I told her I can't explain why other parents make decisions... I just know for myself and my children... I just want to slow things down.. They will have the rest of their life to be on social media.. Right now I just want them to enjoy their childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment